Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Mother



The Example

Each morning in prayer,
My mother spoke with God
Asking I would escape the devil's lair
And travel the path He, Himself had trod.

Each morning in prayer,
She knelt beside her bed
Not asking for material things
Seeking the wisdom of God instead.

Each morning in prayer,
I now kneel beside my bed
Following her faithful example,
Seeking the strength to be led.



Teaching me how to smile,
Showing me how to walk the extra mile,
Giving me love all the while,
My mother prayed for me.

7 comments:

Joubert said...

Just beautiful. Are there 7 kids in your family?

juanitagf said...

Yep, I am the 6th. The older ones are 5-9 years older than me and my sister with the chickens is 2 years younger.

ABFreedom said...

6 kids! Wow!, your mom sounds like a very strong women. It looks like a very great family jgf ... God bless you all.

Cheryl said...

It's an incredible thing to be blessed with a truly Christian mother. You put it so well!

MJ said...

Wow, six siblings! I can barely handle three sometimes! LOL :) Happy Mothers day!!

Dionne said...

It sounds like you have a great mom and family!!

juanitagf said...

LMC, it is true. My mom was my hero and my best friend (after my hubby).