Saturday, December 31, 2005

I resolve...

I resolve to keep my eyes on Jesus throughout the 2006. I will do so by letting everything I say be good and helpful. I pledge to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry; and to fix my thoughts on what is true, honorable, pure, lovely and admirable. Primarily, I give my word to pray about everything rather than worrying.

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that hinders our progress. And let us run the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish.

James 1:19
Dear friends, be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry.

Philippians 4:6, 8
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
And now, dear friends, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Ephesians 4:29
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.




I resolve to offer my body as a living and holy sacrifice. I pledge that whatever I eat or drink or whatever I do, I will do all for the glory of God.

Romans 12:1-2
And so, dear Christian friends, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don’t copy the customs and behaviors of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

Corinthians 10:31
Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God.

9 comments:

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Amen!! Beautiful...hopefully with our Lord's help we can do these things each day.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Joubert said...

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Amen to that!

Wishing you health, wealth and happiness for 2006.

ABFreedom said...

Perfect JGF .... and a big Happy New Year! to you and yours..

Nettie said...

Way to go, here's to keeping 'em!

Gayle said...

Uh...JFG, I'm feeling just a bit guilty right about now... it's New Year's Eve and I'm having a glass of wine. I guess it's okay though, after all Jesus drank wine! :)

Happy New Year! Beautiful post.

Pirate said...

you're tough bud. those are good goals. keeping my eyes on the lord would be easy but the sacrificial temple part may be tough on me.

Good luck and God bless you.

Rebekah said...

Beatiful post - those are some great resolutions! Happy New year!

Dionne said...

Ditto to Patrick's comments.

The others are pretty high goals. You are a better person than I if you can keep them :-).

Joubert said...

Gayle, Jesus not only drank wine - he turned water into wine. Cheers!