Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Goal

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
~Erma Bombeck

This is my goal and my dream. When I meet God, I want to be able to give an accounting of myself which shows that I used all I have that He gave me. I know that my works on earth do not make a difference on whether or not I see Heaven. “Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.” (Ephesians 2:9) I know I will see Him because I believe He paid the penalty for my sin. Yet, as Paul says, what I do here on earth is of a benefit for everyone. “These things I have told you are all true. I want you to insist on them so that everyone who trusts in God will be careful to do good deeds all the time. These things are good and beneficial for everyone.” (Titus 3:8) When I give everything I have within me for others, I show them how much God loves me and in turn how much He loves them. It also brings glory to God. “May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation--those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ--for this will bring much glory and praise to God.” (Philippians 1:11) My ultimate delight would be for others to see Him in me and choose to follow Him.

5 comments:

Joubert said...

That's my kind of theology. Beautiful.

cori said...

amen!

Dionne said...

Ditto what Cori said :-)!!

Mark said...

The only thing I want to hear when I stand before my Creator, is this: "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Gayle said...

That is beautiful! With all the terrible stuff that goes on in this world, we all need to take time out to remember who loves us most ...and we know it is Him.