Monday, March 13, 2006

Long Day!

I am tired tonight! After 6 1/2 months of unemployment and living my own schedule (which is up late and up late) , I was up at the crack of dawn and headed to work. Now, don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have a job. I just don't like mornings. An alarm going off at 6:30 am is just wrong on so many levels. Yet I did get out of the house at 7:30 and discovered that I can sleep another 15 minutes. Now to find a shorter route to add a few more minutes of sleep each day.

As to the work, this week is orientation. They are very serious about orientation and training. I like that a lot. (I am a firm believer that turnover can be decreased with proper orientation which can decrease costs. All this while increasing employee satisfaction. I often wonder why more companies don't take it more seriously. But, I digress...) One of the other points made was how the employee is their first priority. They believe that if there are happy and satisfied employees, they will have happy and satisfied clients.

The people I met today are great and I look forward to being around people again.

10 comments:

shoprat said...

I envy you. My alarm goes off at 4:30.

Of course I am out of work at 1:30 PM which helps compensate for it.

By the way, I too am a nightowl.

jon said...

I have to snooze it for about an hour. My wife really hates this because I don't wake up for each alarm sounding, so I'm essentially snoozing her, and she wakes me up when I need to get up.

bigwhitehat said...

Go get'em tiger.

Joubert said...

Juanita, I haven't used an alarm clock in 20 years but then I go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am. Try it. Oops - it's bedtime.

Dionne said...

I'm a night owl too and find myself getting worse and worse. I'm probably going to be getting a job outside of the house in the next year or two and I'm dreading how early I'll have to get up. Right now with homeschooling I have a lot of work but my schedule has flexibility to it.

ABFreedom said...

6:30 am? ... that's sleeping in to me. I'm up at 4:00 a.m. and at work by 5:00 a.m. ... :-(

Great to hear you may have found a excellent place of employment!

clew said...

Welcome back to being a working stiff! :)

Karen Schmautz said...

Sounds like your headed in a good direction. I'm a morning person, myself. I know if I had to start work at 10 pm, I would dread it.

Good luck and God bless.

benning said...

Orientation, and training, costs money and time. Thus, few companies put much of either into it. Short-sighted, but there you are!

Welcome back to the world of the alarm clock! Yech!

Anonymous said...

Sleep is everything...