Friday, December 30, 2005

Family Pictures


Christmas is the season of family pictures. I love to get the whole family together for a photo to freeze time. I have a hard time thinking about it with my family now as so many have gone on to heaven. The last family picture for us was in 1995 at my youngest sister's wedding. Since then we have lost (and God has gained) my sister, a niece, a nephew and my mom. Since 1995, we have gained 14 new members through birth and marriage. Our next family picture will be taken in Heaven.
So my advice is to treasure every moment you have with those you love. Some of the ones we lost were long illnesses where we became weary, but we had the time to say what needed to be said. Others were sudden, here one moment and with God the next. Say what must be said and never go to bed angry. You may never have another chance to say, "I love you" or "Please forgive me."
That being said. I wanted to include a picture of DH's family. We were all together on the Monday before Christmas to celebrate Christ's birth. DH and I are in the top row. I am wearing an aqua shirt and he is to my left, wearing a blue shirt.

7 comments:

Dionne said...

Great picture and your post is right on. Tell your loved ones that you love them while you can!

Pirate said...

you haved a great family and make a good looking couple. God has blessed you well.

your sentiments are good, I agree to make myself when I am weak to say sorry and to forgive. Always tell my family and friends I love them.

Gayle said...

You have a very good looking family and are fortunate indeed to have such a large one.

Many blessings to you and to all of them as well.

Gayle said...

I just went back and looked at the family picture again. You know what I found amazing? Not one child in that picture is acting out... you know: sticking their tongue out or crossing their eyes. Amazing! :)

Cheryl said...

How wonderful to get everyone together! It's difficult when some can't be present--we were "missing" a generation this year, but they were at God's table.

Those eyes in that picture! The eyes are definitely a strong (and gorgeous) family trait.

juanitagf said...

Thanks, everyone. We are definately blessed.

Rebekah said...

That is truly very amazing, Gayle! If it did not have our location on our shirts, I would post some pictures of my church youth group just for the goofiness of everyone! :)

Great picture & post, jgf!