Friday, September 07, 2007

Stressful Day

At 9:30 this morning, the doorbell rang. Who could that be I thought as I answered it still wearing my pajamas? (Yes, I wear my pajamas until everyone is up and dressed, then I go shower and dress. Trust me, if you did what I do, you would wait to shower, too!) Anyway, back to the door. "Hello, my name is Trevin Butler." It is our surveyor for our licensing. Yep, I open the door to our annual survey wearing my pajamas. Great first impression, huh!

To make a long story short, it is over and he is gone. I didn't get my wish of no citations, but the one we got is so bizarre. We were cited because I didn't document that each resident can evacuate the home within 3 minutes. Yes, I talked about it and, yes, each can do it. However, I didn’t write it in the screening paperwork. But I already have my correction summary ready to mail, so there!
So, we can continue this for at least one more year. And that is a good thing, I think…

2 comments:

Joubert said...

I hate bureaucrats and their "paperpwork."

RINO WATCH said...

I have been involved in the AFC arena 17 years and have heard it all.

Certainly you understand the licensors who inspect, are nothing more than frustarted-lazy state employees who COULD NOT do the wonderful work you do nor WOULD they last one shift if they tried.

Obviously I have no respect for state/county licensors but all the respect and admiration in the world for you who perform the work of saints.

Thank you!