Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 100

It has been a while since I have blogged about my weight loss. I started with a team and some challenges so I got busy on the discussion boards. But today is special. Today I have been doing Medifast for 100 days. I don't know what I expected, but it has been a great experience. One hundred days ago, I was tired and discouraged. I thought I would never lose the weight and so I wasn't even sure I wanted to try. But I am so glad I tried one more thing and that the one thing was MF. I have lost more than 40 pounds! But even better I feel fantastic and have hope. My confidence has increased to where I feel comfortable doing things that I was self conscious about before. I danced at my niece’s wedding without concern of what I looked like or what other thought of me. I laugh at my self more easily. I now know that I can finish what I start not only with dieting, but in transitioning and maintaining. I know that I can do anything I set my mind to do. I feel comfortable with myself, who I am and how I look again. I am ready to take on the world in so many ways again. Being thin is so much better now than it was when I was young as I have the wisdom and experience to go with it. This hasn’t been just a diet; this is a change to my mindset and attitude about food. I hated the saying “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.” Now I agree with it. I am now headed into the home stretch and I am nervous that the last pounds won’t come off as quickly as the first. However, I know that I will not stop until I get to goal. I know that I will be one of the 5% that keep off the weight!.

1 comment:

Donella said...

Congrats, Juanita!

You look great, and sounds like you feel even better! Wish I could give you a hug in person, but this will have to do...

(!!HUG!!)