Monday, June 20, 2011

Find a Penny

Find a penny, pick it up and all day you'll have good luck. At least that is how the saying goes.  However, my dad did it a little different.  If he found a penny, he would pick it up.  But instead of hoping for luck, he would attribute it to a lesson from God.  As a preacher, Dad could make almost anything a parable!  He would hold that penny and study it.  Then he would quote Philipians 4:19.  "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Last week, I was running up the last hill toward home.  I glanced down.  It took a moment for my brain to register.  A couple of steps and I realized it was a penny on the road.  I laughed out loud.  It was bred into me.  I stopped, turned around and picked up that penny.  In a whisper, I quoted, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  Dad's legacy continues.

On one of our many camping trips. Me, Dad and Melanie

Dad with his dad at Black Pine Lake.

Dad with my brother, Bernie, on Christmas in Aberdeen

Dad loves tractors!  Showing Ben how to drive up Beaver Creek.

One of my favorite memories!  A whole afternoon with jusst me and Dad!

No comments: