Friday, April 08, 2011

Get Ready to RAMBLE!

Great way to start the day--6x800s.  The best part of the morning run?  SUNSHINE!  It was a skrt and tank sort of day!  Gotta love those!  I programmed my Garmin for the run and decided to do them on the Fanno Creek trail so the dog could come along.  I thought I would shoot for about 8:15 pace.  Does making conservative goals make me push to surpass them or should I set really tough goals and possibly not make them?  I don't know.  After my 5k next week, I will plug the numbers into McMillan and see what he has to say.  I think setting conservative goals may be good for me as I push hard enough as it is--sometimes too hard.  Now I know you are wondering how it worked out.  Better than I expected considering how tired my legs have been this week.  Here they are: 8:06, 8:10, 8:06, 7:58, 8:00, 7:48.  The last one was hurting so I stopped for a moment and told myself to calm down and chill out.  After that, I really relaxed and actually sped up.  Sometimes I sabotage myself by trying too hard.  I am happy with the workout.  My mental focus could have been better at times, but overall a very good effort.  And I made a very happy dog by avoiding the track!

From there hubby and I headed to lunch at my favorite place.  Mmmmmm, Cheesecake Factory!  I had a Santa Fe Chicken Salad.  Sooo yummy!  It has an amazing peanut cilantro dressing.  I can't even finish the lunch portion!


Such a nice day so hubby plans to play golf.  With only one car, I go with him and take the car.  He texts me when he tees off the 8th so I can meet him when he is done.  (More rambling...)  I have birthday money from my mother-in-law burning a hole in my pocket so I head off to REI.  I want to try the Vibrams.  I am barefoot 90% of the time--pretty much anytime I am not running.  I would love to have something like them to wear around doing errands and such.  REI is notorious for taking FOREVER to get assistance in the shoe department. I wait a long time to just get someone to pull my size, then the next size up...  I wear them around and look at other things.  Gotta try them out.  I LOVE them.  If I use our dividend, it will take all my birthday money.  I decide to go for it.  When I check out, the lady asks if I would like to use a 20% off coupon, too.  Uhhh, duh, YES!  I got a great deal on the Classic Five Fingers model.  Of course, when hubby saw them he laughed.  I knew he would. 


Being such a gorgeous day, hubby wanted to play a full 18 holes.  Hmmm, what to do?  Ahhhh, massage!  My favorite massage therapist doesn't work in the afternoons, but she trained a couple of people in the office.  "Okay, does one of them have an opening?"  "Yes, 30 minutes."  "I'll be there!"  Well, not only did he have 30 minutes, he didn't have a next appointment.  He gave me a full 60 minutes for the price of the 30!  I feel so much better!  I will schedule with him again.  Just the right amount of pressure and really worked the usual runner spots!

Now, I sit checking blogs, FB and Twitter while the Mariner's home opener is on--oh, now the Blazer game--back to baseball.  Hubby definitely has the remote!  Back to work tomorrow after a really great day off!

2 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I hope your legs have bounced back from the 800's!! You made great pace times!!!

Aww, Cheesecake factory! The menu overwhelms me, but I KNOW I will alway sfind something I like!!

Yeah, happy belated b'day! Looks like the 5 fingers will be getting lots of use! My hubs is a big Mariner fan too!

Amanda@runninghood said...

800's always kick my butt! Happy Belated birthday to you! And yes, I hear how crazy the course was last year but this year it was all paved! :) much better than what I hear from last years course.