Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Boredom...

Just finished making several calls and emails.  I need to find more residents.  I am bored out of my mind!  Imagine being tied to being home without being able to leave.  Yet only one person keeps you there and that person is often sleeping.  There is very little laundry or cleaning that needs done.  Paperwork is near to nothing as only one resident leaves few chart notes and such.  You cannot even take a walk with the wheelchair as the days are so wet and miserable.  Such is my current life.  I know it sounds great to many, but most could only handle it for a short time before ennui sets in.  Hopefully, soon, families will be looking for a place for mom or dad to be warm and safe!

On a running note:  I went out in the rain this afternoon!  It may not have been the smartest idea, but this cold seems to be staying in my head.  I am saddened to see how much fitness I have lost.  Between my lethargy post marathon and my illnessses, I had a hard time on a short loop today.  The last hill was tough.  Sort of like when I first finished the C25K.  Except I was able to do it without walking.  Still it was soooo slow and tough.  However, I am not complaining too much as I am running again.  Let us hope this one sticks for a while!

1 comment:

Keeley said...

My Mum and her sisters just put my Nana in a home - wish it was yours. Unfortunately they live in England...

Running in the rain is WONDERFUL. Running in the rain with a head cold...hmmm. =) Take it easy on yourself.