Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm BACK, baby!

Ahhhh, tonight was awesome!  I had my first hard workout scheduled.  I have been taking it easy making sure I was really and truly well.  Today has been strange.  I put my husband on a plane to Hawaii and then had the whole day completely to myself.  That just NEVER happens.  I did this and that and piddled the day away until it was dark.  I nearly let it slide.  But I did it!  Wooohooo!

I scheduled hill repeats.  After a 20 minute warm up on the dreadmill, I started in with 5 x 2 minutes at 5% grade with a 2 minute recovery at 1.5%.  (My 7ish year old 'mill doesn't get lower that that anymore.)  I kept the speed the same throughout.  That way the hills were a pretty tough effort.  It felt awesome!  I loved working hard again!  The sweat was dripping and with it so much of my frustration of the last 6 weeks.  Ahhh!

P.S.  Yes, my husband is in Hawaii until next Tuesday night without me.  This is his Christmas gift.  He is spending Thursday until Sunday volunteering for the PGA tournament.  His sister works at the Kapalua Golf Resort and lives within walking distance of the course.  He will be running a laser at the 15th green.  He will mark the balls with the laser which will give the distance to the hole.  This allows the commentators to share that information.  He is really excited and I am excited for him.  Although, I am a little jealous, too...

3 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

Yay!!! Let's hear it for running again! I am very happy to hear you are back at it.

I have never golfed, but it would be a lot of fun to work and event, even as a volunteer. You hubby will come back with some great stories I trust.

Slake said...

+1 jealous person

Congrats on the great hill workout!

Nathan said...

That's a great workout! My Tm must be older than that. Haha.

I really like doing intervals by time sometimes also. No markers to look for!

Thanks for your comment on the Garmin/speed work. I almost cried, it was so kind. My dad offered to buy one that same day, but we ran out of time and then I told him not to. He's a good dad.