Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Unreasonable Disappointment

So, I was a little disappointed that I only lost 2.2 pounds this week. (My head knows that is unreasonable, but my heart wants to get to my goal.) After all, if I look at this in perspective, there are several great things about 2.2 pounds lost.

1. I have never had a diet that consistently helped me lose weight week after week. Usually it is one pound this week then none for 3 weeks.

2. I am not even considering quitting! Usually when I get 2-3 weeks into a diet, I get bored and think just one little cheat is okay. Then I have "cheated" and it isn't worth the effort anymore.

3. 2.2 pounds is more than 7,000 calories. I burned that many more calories than I ate. That is truly amazing!

So, I will not let a little disappointment get me down. After all, This week was very stressful and I still worked through the diet and ate great. One gelato with my family doesn't end the world! And, on top of all that, I have lost 16.3 pounds in just 3 weeks. That is truly something to celebrate! Now to celebrate with a manicure or something other than food!!!!

No comments: