Here's the rules:
1. Thanks and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to other bloggers.
Thank you, ERG, for caring enough to tag me. Tears flood my eyes as I count my blessing at the tag. Okay, whatever, moving on... (Sorry, sarcasm is genetic and I got a double dose. Really I don't mind the tag...)
- I am a Christian. I believe in the Trinity and that God sent his son, Jesus, to live on this earth and die in my place so that I may live with him one day. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. I believe that, when Jesus returned to God's right hand, God sent his Holy Spirit to live within everyone who believes in him. I believe that one day Christ will return and take those that believe to Heaven to live with him. I believe in God's amazing grace and mercy. I believe that anyone who believes in their heart and confesses with their mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord is forgiven.
- I am blessed with an amazing family. My mother was my hero. My dad truly cared and could do anything. As the 6th of 7 children, I always had someone to tease or with whom to fight. And I did both often. Today, I know that I can count on my siblings for anything!
- I am married to my best friend for 23 years. Most of those years have been happy. Some were so-so and a couple were really tough. But we said, "I do." When we made that promise to each other, we knew that there was not another option. Although we joke about having enough life insurance so if one of us knocks the other off we can move to someplace warm and tropical. Such is our life of laughter!
- I have struggled with depression for years. Low level depression started before I was a teenager. It continued to get worse until I was in my late 20s. Then I hit bottom, I no longer cared if suicide was moral or not. I wanted an out. I wanted it to look like an accident so no one would know. My husband and my mom saved my life. They found a way to help me. I owe my husband my life for making that phone call. There remain some ups and downs, but nothing like before.
- In school, I hated math. I didn't get it. Everytime I opened my math book, I would have a little panic attack. Now I love stats and most numbers--except paying bills, but that is another story entirely! I keep every running stat--every mile, every split, every route.
- I love my job and love being self employed. However, I would rather be living in a yurt on a beach in Hawaii with nothing to worry about but running, swimming and sun bathing. Guess that isn't too much different than most people...
- Although most of these are serious, I am not terribly serious. I love laughing and joking. I love sarcasm. I love my husband's dry humor. I don't love the Three Stooges.