- No danger of heat related injury
- Extreme weight loss due to skin sloughing from chafing
- Slower start due to frozen muscles
- Quicker finish because I just want to get dry
- More throw away clothing to be donated to the homeless
- Fewer runners means more Ultima and Liquid Gold--blech, acutally not so positive
- Fewer runners = smaller age groups = increased chance of 4+ hour marathoner winning prize (ie me!)
- Fewer spectators to disturb my focus
- Fewer runners to take spectators attention, so I get more cheers
- When I finish a rainy marathon, I am truly studly!
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Upside to a Rainy Marathon
Weather forecast for the Portland Marathon:Showers. High near 64. West southwest wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.