Saturday, October 09, 2010

Upside to a Rainy Marathon

  1. No danger of heat related injury
  2. Extreme weight loss due to skin sloughing from chafing
  3. Slower start due to frozen muscles
  4. Quicker finish because I just want to get dry
  5. More throw away clothing to be donated to the homeless
  6. Fewer runners means more Ultima and Liquid Gold--blech, acutally not so positive
  7. Fewer runners = smaller age groups = increased chance of 4+ hour marathoner winning prize (ie me!)
  8. Fewer spectators to disturb my focus
  9. Fewer runners to take spectators attention, so I get more cheers
  10. When I finish a rainy marathon, I am truly studly!



Weather forecast for the Portland Marathon:
Showers. High near 64. West southwest wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

4 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

You will be awesome. Good running tomorrow.

Nathan said...

Juanita, you are going to do GREAT! Have you considered maybe having someone at a cheer point (or 2) with a dry bag of clothes.
30 secs of a shirt change might be worth it.?
Wishing you the very best!!! Can't wait to read the RR :)

Harley Runner said...

Can't wait to read the RR. I hope it's your best one yet.

Mo said...

I think it's the ultimate badass thing to do to finish a marathon in the pouring rain. GOOD LUCK!!! :)